We envision a world where every hour of every day people meet up for ten minutes of silent reflection @2:50 pm local time.
In order to realize this vision, we invite you to start your own Local@2:50.
- If you’re in the same time zone as an existing “Local”, simply join. When that Local gets too big, we’ll divide.
- Start a Local@2:50 branded with your own flavor and in your own time zone. Review our Local’s guide to hosting (coming soon).
- We have practice and the technology. We help you get started.
- @2:50 happens at 2:50 pm in every timezone.
- This offers flexibility for hosts to choose a time zone convenient for them to host in.
- @2:50 happens every day.
- This can be demanding for an individual, so it’s recommended to have co-hosts in each time zone.
- @2:50 remains non-sectarian and non-denominational.
- The practice is participant-centered with minimal instruction. The role of the host is to hold the space for ten minutes of daily reflection.
- @2:50 remains non-commercial and non-political, is always offered for free, and is not attached to any specific business, ideology, creed, or sect.
Contact Arthur, agrau at mit dot edu or firstname.lastname@example.org to become a local host.