Pause for ten minutes of daily mindfulness
@2:50 pm twice every day
U.S. Eastern Standard Time (EST) & Eastern European Time (EET)*
EDT falls back on Nov 7
Today is EDT day 587
EEST falls back on Nov 1
Today is EEST day 249
- Because rapid change can cause anxiety or restlessness.
- Because ongoing stress can lower immune response.
- Because probably the things on your plate can wait ten minutes.
The MIT community and the global public are invited to join any day. Join the webinar (off-camera) using the buttons above or join the on-screen panel below (scroll down).
Ways to participate:
A short introduction is offered at 2:48 each day*.
- Sit relaxed and close your eyes, or observe the screen or,
- observe your breathing and let it go in and out by itself or,
- notice sensations in your body with your mind’s eye or,
- visualize a relaxing scene or something you are grateful for.
Sun 12 Sep marks the 550th consecutive day of @2:50 (EDT) and 213th day of @2:50 (EEST) w/ 174,510 mindful person/minutes shared.
@2:50 World Tour!
All following events happening online and in-person!
- Thur 16 Sep – at MIT Kendall green space (location)
- Fri 17 Sep – at MIT Numbers Statue (location)
- Tue 21 Sep – at MIT Hayden Library Courtyard (location)
- Wed 22 Sep – at Pavement Coffee Harvard Sq. (location)
- Fri 24 Sep – at MIT Kendall green space (location)
- Sat 2 Oct – Vishal hosts from Gujarat, India (virtual)
- Wed 6 Oct – at Harvard Science Center Plaza (location)
- Fri 8 Oct – New York City (from the Met Museum of Art)
- Fri 15 Oct – Los Angeles (from LACMA)
MIT @250 is an independently-hosted activity free to the world. Created by a staff member at MIT, the intention is to help students, faculty, staff, their families, friends, and the global community to reflect and recharge. There is no prerequisite to join. Questions? email: a grau at mit dot edu.
Join the on-screen panel
Everyone is invited to join the event on the webinar or to be part of the on-screen panel. Use the form below to join on-screen.