Let’s stop and take a deep breath together
@2:50 PM EDT (18:50 UTC) Everyday
- Because ongoing stress can lower immune response.
- Because physical distancing can cause feelings of isolation.
- Because probably the things on your plate can wait ten minutes.
The MIT community and the general public are invited.
Link opens a view-only webinar at least five minutes before 2:50 pm.
Join the on-screen panel for any day. Become a panelist here.
Ways to participate:
A short introduction is offered at 2:48 each day.
- Sit relaxed and close your eyes, or observe the screen or,
- observe your breathing and let it go in and out by itself or,
- notice sensations in your body with your mind’s eye or,
- count slowly or repeat an affirmation silently to yourself or,
- visualize a relaxing scene or things you are grateful for.
or follow the MIT Slack Channel #at250
Total @2:50 person/minutes reflecting:
As of 20 Sept 2020
MIT @250 is an independently-hosted support activity free to the community. Created by a staff member at the MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics, the intention is to help students, faculty, staff, their families, friends, and the global community to reflect and recharge during a time of stress and uncertainty. There is no prerequisite to join.
Questions? email: a grau at mit dot edu.
Host @2:50 in your own timezone:
We’ve got the technology and the practice. Here’s how.