Let’s stop and take a deep breath together
At 2:50 PM EDT (18:50 UTC) Everyday
- Because ongoing stress can lower immune response.
- Because physical distancing can cause feelings of isolation.
- Because probably the things on your plate can wait ten minutes.
Link leads to a Zoom webinar (you will be prompted to download the player if you do not have it):
- When: Every day @2:50 pm EDT for ten minutes of quiet reflection during the disruption.
- How: Join in from your computer, phone or connected device. Use ‘Side by side view” on computers to see others.
- Who: Everyone in the greater MIT community and general public is invited to view. Or become a panelist below.
MIT@2:50 will be happening daily during campus disruptions:
Or join the MIT Slack Channel #at250
Ways to participate:
The webinar will open a few minutes early and a short introduction will be offered at the beginning.
- See that you will not be interrupted for ten minutes.
- Join MIT @2:50 on mute and stay muted.
- Sit relaxed and close your eyes, or observe the screen.
- Observe your breathing and let it go in and out by itself.
- Notice sensations in your body by scanning with your mind’s eye.
- Count slowly or repeat an affirmation silently to yourself.
- Visualize a relaxing scene or experience.
- Quietly list people, experiences, or things you are grateful for.
If you wish to join on camera as a silent panelist for any day please leave your name and email address here and you will be invited from Zoom.
MIT @250 is an independently-hosted support activity provided for free to the community by a staff member at The MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics. The intention is to help students, faculty, staff and their families and friends to reflect and recharge during a time of stress and uncertainty. For webinar viewers, no personal information is requested or recorded. There is no prerequisite to join. Questions? email: a grau at mit dot edu.
Total @2:50 person/minutes reflecting:
As of 3 April 2020