8 June 2021 – Boxed Breathing with Lauren
- Navy Seal /Box Breathing* [4-4-4-4] https://youtu.be/ruElUiVoQPQ (2 min 8 sec) – simple start and help gain control of our vagus nerve and calm the core.
- Dr. Rangan Chatterjee / Stress Solution [3-4-5] breathing practice https://youtu.be/tfuTUPHkX4Y (1 min 36 sec) posture and 2 types of breathing: lung (shallow) breathing vs diaphragm (deep) breathing.
- Dr. Andrew Weil [3-7-8] breathing https://youtu.be/p8fjYPC-k2k (2 min 21 sec); yoga breathing involves nose breathing vs mouth breath.
- Ease Stress and Anxiety Harvard Health article
- More scholarly articles about the vagus nerve and role it plays.
General mindfulness resources
@2:50 offers simple mindfulness strategies at the start of each period. Here are some resources for additional learning.
- Resources on mindful reflection (link to MIT medical)
- Center for Mindfulness and Compassion holds daily guided mindfulness, movement, and meditation classes.
- Spending 10 Minutes a Day on Mindfulness Subtly Changes the Way You React to Everything (HBR)